Superannuation is one of the world’s most tax effective ways of investing for you to accumulate wealth for retirement. Tax concessions and other government benefits currently make it one of the best long term investment vehicles.
The Economic Science team is well qualified to offer sound Superannuation Advice to provide you with an effective superannuation Strategy, helping you to take advantage of the various concessions available to superannuation investments and cut through the often confusing and complex superannuation legislation.
Our specialist Superannuation Advice service includes:
- Development of definable retirement goals in line with your future lifestyle expectations
- Advice in regards to existing funds and established funds
- Consolidation of funds to provide ease of tracking and reduce overall fees
- Selection of investment options, including a full Superannuation Investment Strategy
- Review and recommendations of your insurance solutions
- Recommendation around salary sacrifice and non-concessional contributions to superannuation for asset protection, tax optimisation and wealth building.
For more information about superannuation advice, please contact us.
Self Managed Superannuation
Self Managed Superannuation
Self-managed superannuation funds, or SMSF, can provide a great deal of flexibility in retirement, but along with that flexibility comes a great deal of regulation. Managing your own superannuation fund can therefore be a complex and time-consuming task.
At Economic Science we assist clients to understand their obligations and provide practical advice in operating Self-Managed Super Funds.
Our services include:
- Advice to both existing funds and established funds, depending on the client’s requirements
- Comprehensive advice on the ongoing management and compliance of the fund
- Working closely with the fund trustees and providing on-going education
- A quarterly/half yearly review service to maintain the fund
- Ongoing communication with accountants and lawyers in regards to the fund
- Investment advice for your fund
- Estate planning considerations
Investment Planning & Portfolio Construction
Investment Planning & Portfolio Construction
Investment planning is critical for your financial plan. We provide personalised Investment Advice that carefully considers your attitude to risk and investment objectives, with the aim to improve your financial position.
We will draw on our wealth of knowledge to advise you on the most effective wealth creation strategies, giving careful consideration to your investment choices, appropriate investment vehicles, and tax effective investment strategies.
We can tailor our specialist Investment Advice for you, depending on your situation, to include borrowing to invest, debt recycling and debt management.
For more information on investment planning & portfolio construction, please contact us.
Protecting your wealth is an important part of our holistic financial planning service. Our tailored Insurance Advice and Wealth Protection solutions factor in both the level and type of cover required to protect you and your family should the unexpected occur. We also consider your needs to provide wealth protection through appropriate structuring of assets through trusts or companies and will refer you to legal professionals if required to assist in their establishment.
Disability Income Insurance, Total and Permanent Disability, Trauma and Life Insurance Advice
Our approach to Insurance Advice generally follows these principles:
- Risk needs assessment based on your personal situation, including an assessment of financial protection required to cover outstanding debts, potential medical costs, lifestyle expenses and future retirement needs, using this information to provide tailored Insurance Advice.
- Optimisation of coverage, cost and tax consequences across Life Insurance, disability, income protection and trauma, including a review of any current policy features and premiums (such as the default cover inside your employer plan).
- Assessment of insurance holdings options (inside or outside of superannuation).
- Personalisation of cover based on occupation and health condition. We will work with you to find solutions where your job type or prior health conditions make insurance difficult.
The different types of wealth protection insurance cover we will consider for you include:
- life insurance
- total permanent disablement insurance
- income protection
- trauma cover
- temporary salary continuance.
Our Wealth Protection service is supported by a comprehensive insurance comparison from a range of providers to find the right solution for you.
For more information on wealth protection, please contact us.
Whilst WA is a beautiful place to spend your retirement years, Perth can be an expensive place to live on a retiree's budget. At Economic Science we encourage all of our clients to “begin with the end in mind” as we work together to tailor your Financial Plan. Whether this means achieving financial independence at a certain point in life or retiring at a given age, retirement planning is imperative to retain a prosperous lifestyle.
Our retirement planning advice will cover how much you need to retire on and if you are on track to meet your financial goals. Our highly qualified Retirement Planning team will also give careful consideration to the most tax effective strategies and income stream solutions, as well as providing the flexibility you need in the lead up to retirement.
An Economic Science Retirement Planning Strategy will:
- Maximise Centrelink payments through tailored planning techniques
- Maximise the benefits of your superannuation concessions
- Organise your affairs to minimise tax by working with your accountant to take advantage of the latest tax strategies
For more information about retirement planning please contact us.
Ensuring a meaningful lasting legacy for your family is a complex and emotional task. At Economic Science we provide an integrated advice schedule encompassing investment, tax and estate planning to provide customised guidance on these important issues.
Through our referral partners we will ensure your assets are distributed where you want them to be, giving consideration to innovative and tax effective strategies. We will also work together to co-ordinate wills, enduring powers of attorney and superannuation death benefits.
The estate planning process includes:
- Estate planning strategy facilitation including consideration of all personal assets and assets held in other vehicles (as appropriate to your situation) including investment companies, discretionary trusts and retail and self-managed superannuation.
- Consideration of tax optimisation and creation of long-term tax effective vehicles for beneficiaries. Consideration of particular asset protection requirements post-death to cater for special family situations (e.g. minor beneficiaries, divorce situations, disabled beneficiaries).
- Preparation in partnership with our preferred legal practitioners of wills, enduring powers of attorney and binding death benefit nominations.
- Consideration of form of future death benefits, including lump sum, income streams or life interests based on dependent need, asset protection and tax circumstances.
For more information on estate planning, please contact us.
If you are a business of any shape or form the Economic Science team will help you address your business needs through the various stages of your business cycle, providing solutions that meet your specific requirements.
Some of the business areas where we can help include:
- Sale of business planning: working with you and your accountant on the sale of a business to find the best solution. There are a range of concessions available for small business's when sold. These concessions may need a considerable amount of forward planning to ensure that you will be eligible when it comes time to sell your business.
- Business succession planning: advice on succession planning to help protect you and your business financially. This includes the setup of buy/sell insurances or other funding solutions to ensure continuity of the business should one business partner die or be incapable of continuing in the business. We have advanced approaches available including working with our referral partners to develop a Business Insurance Trust Agreement.
- Business protection: designing a protection plan for your business in the event of a disruption such as the departure or disability of an owner or key employee.
- Retirement plans and employee benefits: providing tax effective retirement planning for you and your staff including a benefits strategy that fits with your employees’ needs.
For more information on Small Business Solutions, please contact us.
General Advice Disclaimer
The information provided on this website has been provided as general advice only. We have not considered your financial circumstances, needs or objectives and you should seek the assistance of your Professional Investment Services Pty Ltd (PIS) Adviser before you make any decision regarding any products mentioned in this communication. Whilst all care has been taken in the preparation of this material, no warranty is given in respect of the information provided and accordingly neither PIS nor its related entities, employees or agents shall be liable on any ground whatsoever with respect to decisions or actions taken as a result of you acting upon such information.